All those wanting to present a program are required to undertake Edge Radio’s compulsory Introduction to Radio Broadcasting course. The Course comprises of six two hour sessions and is run over six weeks with one session a week (generally a Tuesday evening).
The course is quite comprehensive and is designed to introduce you to the world of radio and the underlying concepts and laws people in the media must follow. The course will also give you an opportunity to have hands on time with a trainer in the studio. The course costs $120 in total or $80 for concession card holders, which includes access card and Tasmanian Youth Broadcasters membership.
Different payments options are available: Credit Card, and Direct Deposit. The course is also open to those who wish to learn about being a radio broadcaster but don’t necessarily want to get on air.
- Session One: Station Induction and Overview.
- Session Two: Industry Context and Media Law.
- Session Three: Planning and Presenting a Program.
- Session Four: Website Features, AMRAP Pages, and Introduction to the Studio.
- Session Five: Studio Session.
- Session Six: Studio Session.
Upcoming Training Courses Start On…
- March 7th
- May 2nd
If you have any questions not answered here please don’t hesitate to the Training Coordinator via: firstname.lastname@example.org