WHAT IS EDGE RADIO 99.3FM?
Edge Radio is a not-for-profit community station, in Hobart, Tasmania. As Hobart’s only youth station, Edge Radio provides a mix of music, entertainment, local journalistic content and information to enhance Hobart’s cultural landscape. Edge Radio broadcasts to the greater Hobart area on 99.3FM, and webstreams globally on www.edgeradio.org.au.
WHO IS EDGE RADIO’S AUDIENCE?
Youth of all ages. Hobart has a richly diverse community and Edge Radio recognises the unique needs of youth. Edge Radio’s core audience is between 15-30 years. Edge Radio’s programming is broad, and designed to reflect the interests of Hobart. This approach caters not only for the core audience, but has seen a substantial audience beyond this community grow. Whilst we remain committed to serving the needs of our core audience, Edge Radio is fast becoming a service for ‘youth of all ages’.
“The radio station for youth, by youth”
Our mission as a community radio station is to entertain as well as educate our listening audience.
We aim to provide a vibrant, youth focused and broadly inclusive radio station for the Tasmanian community that:
- Enlivens the culture and social climate of Tasmania
- Is high quality
- Is participative
- Has a Tasmanian perspective
- Provides programming relevant for youth
- Is responsive to the needs of its audience
- Provides a forum to discuss current issues
- Is artistically diverse
- Has informative and educational programming
Edge Radio 99.3FM has an emphasis on, and actively encourages, local content including current issues that affect Tasmanians, broadcasting local music talent and cultural activities/events. It strives to broadcast fresh, creative, informative and intelligent programming for our listeners.
STATEMENT OF OBJECTIVES
- To present original, rich and diverse programming of music and other forms of expression free from the direct constraints of commercial interests.
- To provide the target audience with a significant alternative to other broadcast media within the station’s service area.
- To provide entertaining musical programming, informative educational and public affairs programming and information on issues and events of interest to the target audience.
Committee of Management